NEET SS is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for admission to DM/MCh courses.
NEET-SS is a single entrance examination for admission to various DM/MCh courses as per the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Act, 2016.
It is important to note that no other entrance examination, either at the state or the Institution level, shall be valid for entry to DM/MCh courses as per the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Act, 2016 w.e.f. 2017 admission session.
It is valid in all DM/MCh Courses in the country including all Private Medical Colleges/Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities. • All DM/MCh courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions • All DNB Super-specialty Courses.
There are few institution that do not accept the NEET SS for admission to DM/MCh courses through NEET-SS for admission:
1. AIIMS, New Delhi
2. PGIMER, Chandigarh
3. JIPMER, Puducherry
4. NIMHANS, Bengaluru
5. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
NEET SS is conducted on an All India basis on Computer Based Platform by NBE. NEET SS is conducted for the following courses-:
- NEET – PG Single window entrance examination for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma and DNB Broad Specialty Courses
- NEET – MDS Single window entrance examination for admission to MDS Courses
- NEET – SS Single window entrance examination for a d m i s s i o n t o D M / M C h a n d D N B Superspecialty Courses
- FMGE Screening Test for Foreign Medical Graduates conducted as per Screening Test Regulations, 2002
Rs. 3750/- GST Rs. 675/- Total Rs. 4425/-
Points to Remember
Candidate cannot withdraw application form once submitted. The fee can neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn. Any claim for refund, adjustment or carrying forward of Application fee will not be entertained.
Payment Option for Fee
The fee can be paid by Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or other modes as may be made available and have been provided on the web page.
Fee cannot be deposited through any mode other than the payment gateway available while submitting online application form submission.
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A recognized post graduate medical Degree/Provisional Pass Certificate (MD/MS/DNB) or an equivalent recognized qualification or likely to be in possession of the same by 25th September 2020 in accordance with eligible broad specialty qualifications for super specialty courses as mentioned in Annexure B of this Information Bulletin can apply for NEET-SS 2020.
- If candidate found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-SS, he/she will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in NEET SS 2020, the result/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or is deemed to be cancelled as and when the ineligibility is detected.
- .Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is mandatory and its documentary proof should be furnished at the test Centre on the examination day.
Foreign nationals can appear in NEET-SS 2020 without MCI registration. The Medical Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Doctoral course limited to NEET – SS 2020 15 the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing postdoctoral studies.
Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country where from he has obtained his PG Medical qualification, and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority.Candidates who have left the DNB Superspecialty Programme (incomplete) after joining the same are not eligible to admissions to DNB Superspecialty courses for subsequent 3 admissions sessions.
- Applicant candidates may also refer to Post Graduate Medical Education Regulations, 2000 & all its amendments, issued by Medical Council of India. The same may be referred to at official website www.mciindia.org or may be obtained from Medical Council of India, Sector-8, Pocket-14, Dwarka, New Delhi.
There is no reservation of seats for super speciality DM/MCh. courses as per judgment of the Constitution Bench of Supreme Court of India Writ Petition (C) No. 350 of 1998
The scheme of NEET-SS
• A candidate can choose a maximum of two super specialty courses for which his/her broad specialty qualification is eligible, at the time of online submission of the application form.
• Pattern of examination: 40% of the questions shall be from all the eligible feeder broad specialty course(s) and the remaining 60% shall be from the super specialty course selected by the candidate at the time of online submission of application form.
• NBE may club certain super specialties in which the number of seats offered is less.
Total number of questions in each question paper shall be 100 which shall be divided into two Parts; Part A & Part B. All the questions shall be at PG Exit level.
The question paper for any super specialty course shall comprise of MCQs from the eligible feeder broad specialty course(s). In case, there is only a single feeder broad specialty course for a particular super specialty, Part A in such a case will comprise of questions from only one broad specialty. For eg.MS/ DNB General Surgery is the only feeder broad specialty for MCh Urology, therefore Part A of Urology question paper will comprise of questions from General Surgery
The question paper: It shall comprise of 60 questions pertaining to the concerned super specialty. The questions shall be of PG Exit level and shall cover topics from clinical practice and basic sciences as applied to the concerned super specialty.
Availability of Admit Card will be intimated to candidates through SMS/Email alerts and website notice regarding availability of the admit card on National Board of Examinations website. Admit card will not be sent to the candidates by Post/Email.
It is advisable to follow the sequencefor filing the online application form:
- Fill the user registration form to generate User ID/Application ID and Password.
• User ID and Password will be sent through SMS and Email
. • Complete the application form and upload your Photograph, Scanned signature, Thumb impression & Prescribed documents
. • Choose your Test City and pay Examination Fee
• Agree to the declaration and Submit Application
• Take a print out of the filled Application form with Transaction ID printed on it for records
Candidates placed at the 50th percentile or above shall be declared as qualified in NEET-SS in their respective specialty.
Candidate can log on to https://natboard.edu.in/