Nursing course – Nursing is one of the noble and popular professional courses in the healthcare sector. Nursing course can be pursued in diploma Nursing, Bachelors and Masters degree in Nursing.
You can start this course right after 10th standard that include diploma programme in Nursing. Ayurvedic nursing., and various Nursing Certifications. Nursing such as GNM, ANM, BSc Nursing, and MSc Nursing. The eligibility of UG Nursing is 12th standard.
Courses after 10th standard
- Rural Healthcare Diplom- knowledgeable about basics of healthcare, first aid, sanitation and patient education. This course trains students and turns them into skilled rural healthcare workers.
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant- Topics-Fundamentals of Nursing, Community Diseases, Medical-Surgical Operations etc. Nursing care assistants are also known as nurse aides.
- Certificate in Home Based Healthcare
- Certificate in Nursing Care Assistant
Nursing Courses after 12th standard
GNM and ANM courses
These courses can be pursued after 12th standard and are job-oriented nursing courses that include a compulsory internship of 6 months during the 2-3.5 year course.
A N M, or Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery
It is a diploma course that focuses on preparing nurses to work as community health workers. The course teaches students how to care for medical equipment, set up an operation theatre, administer medication to patients on time, and keep patient records in small towns.
The course mainly focusses on fundamental training, candidates pursuing the ANM programme are expected to have a basic understanding of nursing concepts as well as the ability to offer first aid and primary medical care to patients.The ANM course curriculum contains fewer courses than the GNM and BSc Nursing programmes.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- The maximum age for admission shall be 35 years.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be 10 + 2 in Arts (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, and Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Science or Health care Science – Vocational stream ONLY passing out from recognized Board.
- Student shall be medically fit.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examination conducted by National Institute of Open School.
- Student shall be admitted once in a year.
It is a three and a half years course, it includes a six-month internship.The main focus of this course Individuals, families, and communities.GNM prepares students to care for patients on a large scale and is not limited to a single community. The training is within the category of paramedics.
The main aim of the programme to prepare students to work as nurses in a hospital setting and execute tasks such as delivering first aid, assisting in research activities, performing wound procedures, and working efficiently in a team. Students will also benefit from the GNM curriculum if they wish to pursue higher education.
- 10+2 with English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually for any recognized board. Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government. However Science is preferable.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing council.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in Vocational Stream-Health care Science from a recognized CBSE board/Centre.
- Registered ANM with pass mark.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) New Delhi
Institute of Liver and Billary Sciences New Delhi
Jamia Hamdard University New Delhi
Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health
Rajasthan University of Health Sciences
King George’s Medical University Lucknow
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences
Gandhi Institute of Technology & Management (GITAM)
Assam Down Town University
Gopal Narayan Singh University Bihar
Sumandeep Vidhyapeeth University Gujrat
Saurashtra University Gujrat
Parul University Gujrat
The West Bengal University of Health Sciences
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
Dr. NTR University of Heath Sciences Vijaywada