Law course in IPR – Intellectual Property Right- The Law course in IPR is becoming popular with the changing dynamics of business. So there is a need for the expert in IPR.
Some popular areas where Intellectual Property Laws are applicable are Copyright, Patents, Trademarks, Industrial Design Rights, Plant Variety Rights, Trade Dress, Trade Secrets and the likes.
How one can pursue this course, first you have to pursue LLB first or you can go for UG level integrated law courses wherein after completing a basic graduation degree they can specialize in Intellectual Property Law.
Those who have completed their LLB, can straight away specialize in Intellectual Property Law. Some popular PG level courses in Intellectual Property Law are as follows-:
- LLM in Intellectual and Industrial Property Law,
- LLM in Intellectual Property Rights,
- LLM in Intellectual Property and Business Law and the likes.
PG Diploma/Certificate course in IPR
The candidates can also pursue diploma programmes or certificate courses in the field of Intellectual Property Law. Some of these popular courses are
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Laws,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Laws,
- Certificate in IPRs- Law and Procedure-Advanced Level,
- Post Graduate Diploma in IPR and Labour Laws,
- Certificate in IPR and Patents Law,
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law,
- Post Graduate Certificate in Intellectual Property Law and Practice etc.
The eligibility varies for an Intellectual Property Law course from college to college. Candidates who want to apply for a five year integrated course with Intellectual Property Law as a specialization meet the eligibility criteria for the course if they have completed their Class 12 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with passing marks.
The eligibility criteria for Intellectual Property Law course offered at the PG level is such that candidates should have completed a five year integrated law course or possess an LLB equivalent degree.
Admission-: XAT,CLAT,CMAT,GMAT,CUSAT CAT,MHCET,IIT Khragpur
- LLM in Intellectual and Industrial Property Law
- LLM in Intellectual Property Rights
- LLM in Intellectual Property and Business Law
- LLM in Intellectual Property Law
- LLM in Intellectual Property and Trade Law
Some of the popular colleges for IPR
NLU Hyderabad NALSAR
Symbiosis Law college
Intellectual Property Law Certificate Courses
Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Laws
Certificate in IPRs- Law and Procedure
Certificate in IPR and Patents Law
Admission-: Merit based
Institutes/Colleges for certificate course
Indian Law Institutes
FICCI New Delhi
Institute of Patent Attorney India(IPAI)
National Law University
Global Institute of Intellectual Property
Shahaji Law College
FICCI New Delhi
Career after IPR
Candidates are hired as Notary Public, Legal Executive, Patent Lawyer, Trademark Attorney, Copyright Specialist, Legal Advisor/ Consultant and many more sectors where legal moves/interference becomes mandatory.