GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Good news! Now your long term wait is over! GATE examination date is announced. GATE examination will be held on 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th February and it will be administered by the IIT Kharagpur in two shifts from 9 AM to 12 M and from 2:30 PM to 5 PM.
You can fill the application form in between of 2nd September to 24th September. But before you start weaving your dreams, check your GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022:
Indian candidates will be eligible to appear for the exam. Candidates from outside India, living in countries like – Nepal, Bangladesh, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates are also be eligible for GATE 2022.
There is no as such age limit.
Candidates must be graduate in Engineering/Technology or M.Sc in any relevant Science subject.Candidates in the final and pre – final of their qualifying degree can also sit for GATE 2022 examination. Candidates who are pursuing their degree course other than India must be in the 3rd or above or have completed their Bachelor’s degree in (Engineering/Science/Technology/Arts/Commerce) * There is no minimum pass percentage criteria defined.
Other Important Points regarding the documents requirements:
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Candidates who want to apply for GATE 2022 need to upload certain documents as given below:
Candidates would need to submit their degree certificate/provisional degree certificate/membership certificate as issued by the designated authorities.
A candidate has to complete the qualifying criteria in 2022 or later. Then, he/she has to upload the Provisional Certificate Letter or a copy of marks card.
Persons with Disabilities would need to upload a PWD certificate issued by a recognized authority.
Candidates with backlogs in any of the subjects in their qualification examination would need to upload a copy of the mark sheet of the final year issued from the institute. Internet downloaded mark sheet will not be accepted.
SC/ST category candidates must upload a valid document proof in order to avail a concession in the application fee.
Dyslexic candidates must submit a certificate that states the same issue by authorities.
That was all for the GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022. Now, the point comes how to prepare for it. So, without any further delay, let’s look at it:
1. Understand the GATE syllabus and pattern: The foremost step of GATE preparation is to understand GATE syllabus and pattern. Once you get acquainted with the syllabus and pattern, you can prepare your study plan accordingly and prioritize the topics as per their difficulty level.
2. Embracetime management: It is important to allocate time to each topic and execute it genuinely. It’s always wise to invest time into the concepts which are tough. Simply put, it is best to create a unique study schedule considering the strengths and weaknesses of yours. The study plan must also include appropriate time for revision and evaluation.
3. Focus on Mathematics and Aptitude: It is very important to focus on Aptitude and Mathematics as they are quite scoring subjects and constitute around 30 marks in the GATE exam. These subjects can be studied from the standard recommended books and practiced with the help of the previous year GATE papers.
4. Buy best books: Books play a relevant role in preparation for GATE 2022 examination. Hence, it is really important that before buying books, students must check the reviews online and choose the ones whose content is concise and to – the point. The books must contain diagrams to aid topics and chapters.
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022 – Some of the best books for GATE examination 2022 are:
Architecture by Hamacher, Algorithm by Cormen, Operating System by Galvin are the best books for CSE (Computer Science Engineering)
Electronic Devices Circuits by Millman and Halkias. Microprocessor and its applications by Goankar and Modern Control Systems by Ogata are the best books for ECE.
Electrical Machines by Nagrath, Kothari and Power Electronics by PS Bhimbhra are the ideal books for electrical engineering (EE).
Complete Master Guide by Amresh Singh and Geophysics by Telford are the best books for Geology and Geophysics (GG).
Fluid Mechanics and Machinery by Mod & Seth, Heat Transfer by Made Easy Class Notes and IC engine by Mathur Sharma are best recommended for Production and Industrial (PI).
Heat Transfer by JP Holman and Principles of Mass Transfer and Separation Processes by BK Dutta are best suited for Chemical Engineering (CH).
5. Make notes on the relevant topics: Preparing notes with the important information and formulae is really important in order to crack objective type questions of GATE exam. This helps in cutting down the revision time as all the relevant points are noted down in a single place.
6. Revise the concepts thoroughly: After understanding a topic thoroughly, it is important to revise it once again, so that the concept becomes memorable giving no room to forgetting it. You can revise the topics through notes, online quick recap, discussing with friends or giving a mock test.
7. Attempt GATE papers: If you want to crack GATE 2022 with the flying colors, then, attempt previous GATE papers without any fail. This gives you a sense that you are appearing for GATE examination in real and hence you become confident when you actually sit for the exam giving no scope to the silly mistakes. This also helps in improving your speed.
8. Be positive: Last, but not the least, be positive in your approach. You must have an inner belief that you have prepared well for the examination and you have the caliber to crack GATE 2022 exam.
GATE is a competitive examination. Hence, it is really important that students must follow the tips given above and take your career to new heights.